Thursday, June 11, 2009

That's much better! Keep them scales down!

The chapter had a loss this week. Now we've turned it around.

Wilma was out 'Best Loser' this week and she told us to chew gum to keep from putting food in your mouth and don't be bad and forget to drink your water.

A new Co-Leader was elected this week and it was...MARK! Congratulations!!!

There were two minor changes made to the chapter by-laws.
  • Changes about active and inactive members on medical leave
  • Changes to our policy about unexcused absences

Mark and Amanda reported on the 2009 SRD in Niagara Falls.

  • They reported that SRD was very smooth
  • Mark was reminded about how supportive our chapter is
  • Amanda was inspired to be healthy to avoid health concerns as we get older
  • When Mark was hornored as a Division Winner, he wrote the following statement that was read:

Six years ago, I ate anything and everything I wanted, whenever I wanted. For many years, I tried to lose weight on my own, only to just keep gaining. It was with my wonderful wife Amanda’s gentle urging that I joined a local chapter of TOPS. They met only a half mile away. What a difference that half mile has made! I’ve now lost over 100 pounds and have kept it off. Thanks to my amazing wife, also a TOPS member, and my supportive, wacky and fantastic chapter, TOPS 785 Clifton Park, I will take off those pounds and keep them off!

Click HERE to see pictures of this year's SRD!

No comments: